Spring semester is here! Now’s perfect time to visit the Office of Personal Career Development to tune up your resume and get advice on applying for summer jobs, internships, and community service.
Working with OPCD
Help with resumes, cover letters, and mock interviews
- An OPCD advisor can help you craft a resume that highlights your abilities and experience and addresses the requirements of the job or internship to which you are applying.
- A career advisor can also help you write a cover letter that will capture the reader’s interest by demonstrating that your skills match the requirements of the job.
- Mock interviews can help you learn how to present your qualifications and experience with confidence. They can also help you practice concise answers to common interview questions. Contact the OPCD to schedule a mock interview with a career counselor.
Job, Internship and Volunteer Service Search
- We offer a free job notification service organized by job categories–It’s called OPT-IN. Click here to sign up. Look closely at this information to stay informed about OPCD events and employers visiting the UD campus.
- Make an appointment with an OPCD counselor to explore different types of available internships and community service.
- Ask your advisor for the names of companies that have hired interns from your department or your major.
- Check our internship calendar to and note important deadlines.
- To make an appointment with an OPCD advisor, click here.